FIND THE RIGHT PROGRAMME FOR YOU
B.TECH ADMISSION LATERAL ENTRY 2022
B.Tech. Lateral Entry Programme is a continuation of technical expertise acquired after completing Diploma programmes and offers an opportunity to Diploma holders to obtain B.Tech Degree in Engineering.
10% of the sanctioned seats in each B.Tech course is allotted for lateral entry admission during the commencement of the third semester.This is in addition to the total seats allotted for each course.
Duration: The duration of Degree programme is 3 years as the candidate will be admitted directly to second year of the regular B. Tech. Program.
Artificial Intelligence and Data Science (60 Seats)
Computer Science & Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Electronics & Computer Engineering
Candidates who have passed Diploma in Engineering/ Technology awarded by the State Board of Technical Education, Kerala or Equivalent after undergoing regular course of 3 years in an approved institution.
Should be qualified in the entrance exam 2022 for lateral entry admission.
Maximum age as on the last date of submission of application will be 30 Years.
Candidates will be admitted only to the branch of engineering as per the equivalency specified by DTE
Dr. Madhukumar S
+91 8078 700 700
Dr. Jyothis Thomas
+91 9447 205 778
ADMISSION ENQUIRY – HOD’s
- Ms. Ance Mathew (Civil Engineering)+91 9446 459 146
- Dr. Joby P P (Computer Science & Engineering)+91 8281 539 018
- Dr. Arun P (Electronics & Communication Engineering)+91 9895852842
- Dr. George Tom Varghese (Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering)+91 9497 322 385
- Ms. Ginu Ann George (Electrical & Electronics Engineering)+91 9562035929
- Dr. Binoy Baby (Mechanical Engineering)+91 9447875050
- Dr. Giby Jose (Electronics & Computer Engineering)+91 94462 73 933
- Ms. Deepa V (Artificial Intelligence and Data Science)+91 9061718885
- Proof of Date of Birth (10th/ Birth certificate/ Passport).
Admit card of Kerala Lateral Entry Entrance Examination – 2021
Mark sheet of Kerala Lateral Entry Entrance Examination – 2021
Mark list of Diploma, 10th, 12th /+2 (VHSE/CBSE/ICSE/Others)
|1||Tuition Fee||Rs. 37,500/- Per Semester|
|2||Caution deposit||Rs. 10,000/-(Refundable)|
|3||Fee for Value Added Courses & Special Facilities||Rs.10,000/- Per Year|
|4||Admission Fee||Rs. 500/-|
|5||Fee for university/ statutory bodies||KTU Fees ( as actuals)|
|6||University Exam Fee||KTU Fees ( as actuals)|
Lateral Entry Students joining B.Tech branches are eligible for following scholarships
Merit Scholarship (Govt./Management)
Note 1. The college offers various categories of Scholarships for those seeking admissions at SJCET, and the students have the liberty to choose one best suited for them.
Note 2. . A Student, admitted under one eligibility category (II – V) may apply for up-gradation to the next higher Merit Category in the future, if he/she earns all credits stipulated by the university and attains a CGPA of 8.0. for the previous semester.
Note 3.A Scholarship recipient student shall satisfy the following conditions for the continuation of the scholarship in the next semester.
- a) Should have more than 90% attendance in the previous semester
- b) Should not be involved in any disciplinary action from the college or hostel.
- c) Should have passed all the subjects of the previous semester with a SGPA of 6.5.
Special Scholarship (Govt. /Management/NRI)
Lateral Entry Students joining following B.Tech branches are eligible for special scholarships
Lateral entry Students who are the members of Parishes in Palai Diocese are eligible for Diocesan Scholarship of Rs. 5000/ per Semester. (B.Tech/MCA)