Dr. V. P. Devassia
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
Mobile Number: +91 9447082280
Date of Joining:01/04/2019
Doctor of Philosophy
Field of Research: Signal Processing.
Institution/University: Cochin University of Science And Technology in the year 2005.
Dissertation Title: PSWT based Linear Predictive Coding & Development of a Parallel Multiple Subsequence Structure for DWT Computation.
Specialization: Industrial Electronics.
Division: First Class with Distinction and First Rank.
Institution/University: School of Technology, Cochin University of Science And Technology, in the year 1989.
Thesis Title: Design of a Language Translator for CNC Machines.
Specialization: Electrical Engineering.
Division: First Class with Distinction and Ninth Rank.
Institution/University: MA College of Engineering, Kothamangalam, Kerala University, in the year 1983.
- Passed the Account Test for Executive Officers conducted by KPSC in the year 1997.
- Undergone a Certificate course in Fundamentals of Psychology conducted by POC.
- Undergone a Certificate course in Basics of Counselling conducted by POC.
- Attended various Training Programs conducted by AICTE/IIT/IISc/NIFM/ISTE etc.
Academic/Administrative Work Experience
- 3 years teaching experience for M.Tech program conducted by CUSAT.
- 27 years experience as Asst. Professor (current Associate Professor), Professor and Principal in Engineering Colleges under IHRD affiliated to CUSAT/KTU.
- Set up the Industrial Electronics laboratory and Instrumentation and Control laboratory for the B.Tech Curriculum of CUSAT.
- Administrative experience in academic institution management including financial management and preparation of project proposals in Engineering Colleges (Model Engineering College and College of Engineering Chengannur)/IHRD as:
- HOD Dept. Of Electronics Engineering -From 1996 onwards
- Vice Principal -From 1998 December onwards
- Principal (i/c) -From 2004 February onwards
- Principal -From 2007 January onwards
- Additional Director IHRD & Principal -From 2011 November onwards To November 2018.
- Additional Charge as Officer in Charge of IHRD Regional Centre and Model Finishing School -From 2012 October onwards To November 2018.
Industry Work Experience
- 3 Months as Junior Engineer in M/s. Hindustan Paper Corporation, Calcutta.
Undergone training in paper manufacturing.
- 7 years experience as Design Engineer with M/s. HMT Ltd.
- Designed and developed the complete controls and interface circuits for a Computerized Numerical Controlled machine (STC-25)
- Designed and developed the interface for a Flexible Turning Center (FTC-25) with automatic tool changing and job changing robots.
- Team member in the design and implementation of an automated factory set up for defence.
- Experienced in the PLC programming using ladder, statement list and flow-chart programming languages.
- Experience with variable speed dc/ac drives and CNC systems manufactured by Siemens, Fanuc, and GE.
- Fellow of The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers, India (FIETE)
- Fellow of The Institution of Engineers (India) (FIE)
- Life Member of The Indian Society for Technical Education (MISTE) ² Chartered Engineer of the Institution of Engineers (India) (Eng.).
- Served Expert Committee member of the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), a statutory body under All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Served as Expert Committee member of AICTE approvals
- Member of Faculty of Engineering under CUSAT
- Served as UG Board of Studies member under CUSAT
International Journal : 8
International Conference :16
Chapter in Edited Book :1
National Journal :4
National Conference :3
- Pseudo-Periodic Signal Processing
- Application of Wavelet Transform in signal analysis
- Music Signal Source Separation
- Research Level
Guiding research students under CUSAT
- PG Level
- Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing, Automatic Process Control, Industrial Applications of Power Electronics, Advanced Control System Engineering, Digital System Design
- UG Level
- Digital Electronics, Electronic Circuits, Network Theory, Microprocessors, Control System Engineering, Test and Measuring Instruments, Industrial and Power Electronics, Computer Aided Design, Automatic Process Control, Digital Signal Processing, Electronic Product Design & EDA Tools, Design Project